There are relatively few requirements for attending traffic school. In general, you may attend if all of the following apply:
- You hold a current, valid driver's license.
- You were driving a non-commercial vehicle when the offense occurred.
- Your ticket involves a moving violation.
- You haven’t attended a traffic school course within the past 18 months for another approved offense.
- Your moving violation did not occur while under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- You were ticketed for an Infraction offense. Misdemeanor offenses do not qualify.
Note: A traffic school cannot decide if you are eligible for traffic school. This is up to the court.
The California DMV and Court typically sends out a notice of eligibility if you qualify for traffic school. If you haven’t received this notice, you can contact the court listed on your citation to request permission to attend a California online traffic school course.
If you are eligible, click the button below to get started with Best Online Traffic School.